Sunshine Blogger Award
A massive double big thank you to Rebecca from Film Carnage and 6 Point Movies for both nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! All within the same week! Truly honoured. Be sure to check out both their blogs and please continue spreading the love, networking and showing appreciation for your fellow bloggers by doing the following simple instructions...
Firstly, posting the award on your blog
Thanking whoever nominated you
Answering the 11 questions that have been asked
Picking another 11 bloggers to receive the award
Sending them another set of 11 questions of your choosing
So, here's my answers firstly to Rebecca's questions, followed by 6 Point Movies', hope you enjoy!
Here are Film Carnage's questions and you can read her Sunshine Blog Here.
1. What is the next film you’ll see at the cinema?
2. What is your favourite book to film adaptation?
It's out of Michael Ende's NeverEnding Story or Mario Puzo's Godfather, though could be swayed more to the Godfather as Puzo was heavily involved in the screenplay.
3. Battle of the brothers: Ben Affleck or Casey Affleck?
I'm going with Casey Affleck, younger brothers tend to come out on top in adulthood.
4. What film do you most regret seeing?
Honestly don't have regrets of that calibre but recently, only one that springs to mind is Nine Lives, but I'm actually glad I saw it because it moved other films up the ranks, making me appreciate certain films a little better *coughs* Suicidal Squad.
5. If you could spend 24 hours with any fictional character from film, who would it be?
Good question, Eddie Morra from Limitless would be fun! Sit there and put the world to rights.
6. With the Oscars just having announced their nominations yesterday, which Best Picture winner do you think the Academy got most wrong?
Winner? Have yet to see Fences, but all the other nominees are very strong candidates. If I had to strike one from the list? I can't decide, maybe Hidden Figures, though I found it an amazing movie.
7. What is your favourite Alfred Hitchcock film?
The Birds, first real horror movie I watched and love it. But I was actually rooting for the birds! Is that bad?
8. What film can you most watch without getting bored of it?
80s and early 90s Jackie Chan Movies, like Police Story, Wheels on Meals, Armour of God. The Lethal Weapon films, Aliens and Ocean's 11/13. Oh! Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian.
9. Which director would you pick to make a film about your life?
Would have to be Guy Ritchie being blessed with a life not too far from the likes of Snatch and Lock, Stock. Oh the stories I could tell you *winks*
10. DVD or Digital?
In terms of ownership? Physical copy Vs digital download? I prefer DVD, there's something nostalgic and intriguing about studying someone else's video library or looking at your own as a trophy collection.
11. If you could only watch one genre of film for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Damn! Such a hard question! Being an encompassing movie fan this is impossible to answer, which would change depending on my mood and what I've seen recently. What I can say is that it would definitely not be horrors, or heavy dramas.
Now for 6 Point Movies' questions and you can read their Sunshine Blog Here.
1. What movie are you most excited for in 2017?
I'm surprisingly not that excited for The Last Jedi, maybe underwhelmed by the title, but looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and got high hopes for Logan. But! BUT! And it's out in a couple of weeks! John Wick Chapter 2
2. Most underrated movie of all time?
I reckon Layer Cake, which I remember disliking at first watch, but on a more recent second and third viewing, it's actually a really good film.
3. Favourite Quentin Tarantino movie?
Pulp Fiction for me, displays his utter brilliance, and I can't stop imagining what it would have been like to be in that office when he pitched that movie, "he takes a bite from the cheeseburger and begins to recite a passage from the bible... they go over a bump and Vincent accidentally blows Marvin's head to pieces"
4. Favourite Martin Scorsese movie?
Goodfellas, hands down classic icon. Even people who have never seen the film (who are those people???) know Goodfellas. "I'm funny how?"
5. Best movie food?
Pizza! I love salted popcorn but I eat it like Cookie Monster and it gets agitating when it gets stuck in between my teeth.
6. What movie will revive the DC universe?
I actually thinking Wonder Woman is going to be good, but, if DC trailers are anything to go by, who knows.
7. Dark Horse for Best Picture and Actor/Actresses at the Oscars? (Dark Horse means that movie that isn’t a front-runner, but has a sneaky chance of stealing the award)
Hmm, another tough question. I'm only assuming popular taste which leads me to say Moonlight. Viggo Mortensen and Meryl Streep.
8. What movie makes you punch the air with happiness/excitement?
I have three from last year, Eddie The Eagle, Sing Street and Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
9. If aliens come down to Earth, what one movie do you show them?
Independence Day, NO! Only joking. The Day The Earth Stood Still, Arrival maybe even The Abyss.
10. Most over-rated movie of all time?
Probably The Departed, because it's a remake of a better film. I much prefer Infernal Affairs way over Scorsese's version, though he claims was not made aware it was remake until after he has signed the contract to direct. [Edit] Actually, Avatar! that's the most over-rated movie of all time!
11. Top 10 movies of all time?
Argh! I always find it ultra-hard if not Impossible to answer these type of questions. I could just cheat and post my Top Ten of 2016 or I could try pick one from different genres. Hmm. Just gonna pick what comes to mind first and then kick myself later.
1. Sky Blue (Wonderful Days)
2. Raid 2
3. Silver Linings Playbook
4. Hell & High Water
5. La La Land
6. The Big Short
7. Jerry Maguire
9. Black Hawk Down
10. An Inconvenient Truth
Here are my nominations:
1. Sian, founder of the awesome A Film Club
2. Sarah from Sarah Saw A Movie
3. Jane from 500 Days of Film
4. Ryan from Morris Movies
5. Alice Bishop
6. Dan Hart from FilmInk
7. Laura from Life Beauty Lens
8. Ashleigh, The Movie Oracle
9. Andrew & Bernadette from AB Reviews
10. My good friend Jim from Lionheart Reviews
11. Corry & Matt from Pizza Sliced Movies
12. Sarah from Whimsical Mumblings
13. Chelsea from Chelsea Loves Movies
14. Jason from the Film Faculty
15. Uche from Just Shrewd Me
16. Kevin from Cinematic Randomness
17. Thomas from 2eyes1screen
18. Charlotte from Charlotte Samina Films
19. Big Picture Reviews Team
20. Lolo From Lolo Loves Films
21. Nathan from Perks of Being Nath
22. And finally one of my favourite critics who inspired me, Leonard Maltin (long shot)
Where's your preferred seat choice in the cinema?
Food you wish you can eat in the cinema.
If you were to be nominated for an Oscar, what would it be for? Be creative.
If you could invite 3 movie characters to a dinner party, who would they be?
Who would you cosplay as?
Your favourite soundtrack or score?
Video library order, genre, alphabetical or other?
If you had to remake one film, which would it be and why? Who would you cast in the leading roles?
If you could go on a road trip in any car from the movies, what would it be?
You're in seriously trouble, angry dinosaurs coming through a portal kinda trouble, which superhero would you like summon?
If you could have a pet from the movies, who/what would it be?
Have fun people! Really looking forward to reading your answers!
Once again, thank you so much for the awards Rebecca and 6 Point Movies! I would like to take this opportunity to thank my followers, my readers, the film blogging community and of course, the people both in front and behind the camera, the very reason why we're all here today. *cheesy grin*